Staff and Parent Training
A Better Way's mission is to support organisations, to obtain positive results and lasting changes. We help develop nursing care teams to the highest standard to help your workforce deliver specialised, complexed, evidenced based care for vulnerable adults and children with learning disabilities and mental health problems.
If you are looking for someone to enhance and develop the care teams of your organisation, then A Better Way skills and experience in staff training will be invaluable.
Organisational training supports the development of skills and competencies required to meet the needs of service users. Ideally, it should be available to staff, service users and their family or carers. This is a unique approach that recognises the importance of the partnership between organisation's staff, service users and their families and, that successful care and support is strengthened by creating opportunities to increase the confidence, knowledge and expertise of each party.
The aims of training are:
- To contribute to your organisation's learning environment and to enable clinical and non-clinical staff to provide an excellent service.
- To train your workforce so that they are able to adapt and deliver to the future needs of service users and to meet the expectations of those who commission your services on their behalf.
- To harness the power of learning and development as a key enabler and to make sure this is reflected in the character of your workforce.
Staff development and training for healthcare organisations is offered around the following areas:
- Clinical leadership
- Clinical supervision
- Functional analysis of behaviour
- Record keeping & care planning
- Person centred planning
- Positive behaviour support
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Autistic spectrum disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Insomnia & sleep difficulties
Bespoke training can be agreed so please feel free to contact us to discuss your needs. There are also various children's packages that can be offered to children's teams in NHS, Social and the independent sector.